- Socat - Create a listening service that forwards to a service inside a network namespace (socat is amazing):
/usr/bin/socat UNIX-LISTEN:/run/transmission.sock,fork exec:'ip netns exec NETNS socat STDIO tcp-connect\:127.0.0.1\:8080',nofork
- HTTP Client -> [Unix Socket Server] ---- | Network Namespace Barrier | ----> HTTP Server (localhost listening)
- strace -p PID - Look at calls between the process and the kernel
- gdb, python-dbg - Look at stack traces live
- TIL: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=17083879 "My registrar suspended my domain because an abusive user was using a subdomain for phishing"
- Make Vim respect XDG - https://tlvince.com/vim-respect-xdg
- Write scripts, just flipping write them! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd8ulMb6_ls "Solve Your Problem with Sloppy Python" @Larry Hastings
- A product manager can buy software from their team, but they can also buy information like, "Is X possible?" or "How many points to build Y?" or "How much support would be reduced if we did Z?".
- Fira code for this ligatures: https://medium.com/@docodemore/an-alternative-to-operator-mono-font-6e5d040e1c7e
- stdlib 3.7 dataclasses (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-TwcmT6Rcw "Dataclasses" @Raymond Hettinger)
- previously and still alternatively: attrs lib (has validators, converters and a few other features)
- pipenv (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBQAKldqgZs "Pipenv" @Kenneth Reitz)
- typing: (mypy or pyre, MonkeyType) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMgmKJyWKn8 "Real World" @Carl Meyer)
- Instagram 2018 1.5mil lines of Python
- linting complete: https://jeffknupp.com/blog/2016/12/09/how-python-linters-will-save-your-large-python-project/
- Create based on project Daedalus.
https://github.com/ambv/black - pycodestyle auto